JEA seeks to achieve a set of goals to raise the scientific and professional level of the profession, and contributes to planning and developing its capabilities to accommodate the huge number of new members, in addition to anticipating the future vision of the profession and its various specializations. By studying the labor market and its needs, and in coordination with the relevant authorities, the union is an advisory body in its field of work.
Admission and registration services
Follow up the responses of the AMIDEAST office for graduates of American universities
Important laws and decisions
The Admission and Registration Department in the Association is concerned with carrying out all the tasks that would facilitate the procedures for registering new engineers in the Association. Article (9/a) of the Jordanian Engineers Association Law No. (15) of 1972 and amendments stipulated that “everyone who obtains the first university certificate is considered an engineer.” The (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) as a result of a regular engineering study from a recognized university, college or engineering institute, and his name is registered as an engineer in the association’s records..
The period of study for the engineer or applied engineer at the recognized university, college or institute is required to be no less than 4 regular years or its equivalent in the credit hours system after obtaining the Jordanian general secondary education certificate, the scientific stream or its equivalent, and it is excluded from the condition of obtaining the branch Scientific for this certificate:
. Everyone who joined the university, college or engineering institute before the provisions of Law No. 14 of 1986 came into force.
Everyone who obtained a general secondary certificate (industrial branch.
“" Anyone who has obtained the higher engineering degree (Ph.D.) recognized in that branch without obtaining the first degree in one of the main engineering departments shown opposite each division, provided that the period of time is not less than Higher engineering studies for this degree for three regular years or its equivalent in the system of credit hours after the bachelor’s degree in a recognized university, college or institute, and this member may only practice the profession in the branch according to which he was registered with the Association “He is considered a member of the Association and is given permission to practice the profession Everyone whose name is registered as an engineer or an applied engineer in the association’s records in accordance with the provisions of this law.”
Through these articles, it is clear that any person is prohibited from practicing the engineering profession in the Kingdom unless he completes the registration procedures in the association.
• Graduates of the General Secondary Branch (IT):
Law No. 2 of 2007 was issued (a law amending the Jordanian Engineers Association Law)
Article 1: This law is called (Law Amending the Jordanian Engineers Association Law for the year 2007) and it shall be read together with Law No. 15 of 1972 referred to hereinafter as the original law and the amendments thereto as one law and shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
Article 2: Paragraph (C) of Article (9) of the original law shall be amended by adding Clauses (3) and (4) to it with the following text:
- 1. Everyone who obtained the general secondary school certificate / IT stream of the scientific track and achieved the required passing mark in the subjects of mathematics and physics in the Jordanian Scientific Tawjihi curriculum.
- The provisions of Clause (3) of this paragraph shall apply to everyone who enrolled in the Faculty of Engineering in Jordanian universities and who obtained a general secondary school certificate / IT stream for the academic years (2005/2006) and (2006/2007) and achieved in the first two academic years of the university The second is the required passing mark in mathematics, physics, and chemistry for all remedial and primary levels.
Council decisions related to British universities (the three-year system):
* A decision issued on 26/03/2008 stipulates the following:
First: Graduates of British universities (a three-year bachelor’s degree) are allowed to register with the Association, provided that one of the following two conditions is fulfilled and the rest of the other legal conditions are met: First: Obtaining a master’s degree in engineering in the same field of his specialization from a university recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, whether the study is the years system or credit hours, and achieving no less than (30) additional credit hours or their equivalent, provided that the study period is not less than One academic year.
Second: Studying (30) credited engineering hours in his field of specialization at a university recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, so that the student chooses these subjects before starting the study and presents them to the council of the relevant division for approval, provided that the applicant has not studied these subjects previously within His specialization (not included in the list of materials issued by the university from which he graduated).
* A decision issued on 6/4/2009 stipulates the following:
Following Council Resolution No. 1876 dated 3/26/2008, the Council decided the following:
Acceptance of membership of graduates of British universities who have a preparatory year in one of the recognized universities in addition to 3 years in the university from which they graduated without the requirement that the preparatory year be from the same university.
Acceptance of membership of graduates of British universities of the 3-year system and holders of a master's degree in engineering without requiring that the master's degree be in the same discipline of study during the undergraduate level.
A decision issued on 15/4/2009 stipulates the following:
The Council decided to amend the previous wording to become as follows:
- 1. Provided that the certificate for the preparatory year is a certificate for an actual academic year signed and certified on the same date and that it is prior to studying (3) years and not a supplementary paper to be brought after graduation for the purposes of registration in the Association (provided that the study is proven on the condition of residency in
1. Provided that the certificate for the preparatory year is a certificate for an actual academic year signed and certified on the same date and that it is prior to studying (3) years and not a supplementary paper to be brought after graduation for the purposes of registration in the Association (provided that the study is proven on the condition of residency in 3. The country of study and by official means). 4- The master's degree should be in the field of engineering that is compatible with the specialization.
Council Decision No. 2551 dated 16/09/2012 not approve the admission of Architectural Engineering graduates to the 3-year study system, in compliance with the provisions of the Jordanian Engineers Association Law, Article 9C, which stipulates that the study period should not be less than 4 years.
Union Council Decision No. 27/2016/54 dated 7/8/2016 regarding applicants to join the union from high school graduates majoring in Informatics Management and those who graduated after 2008.