About the Department
The land acquisition process started in 1992 with four projects through the Pension Fund investments in order to achieve the One Land Plot per Fellow Engineer goal.
In coordination with the Fund Management Committee and Land Committee, the Association Council insisted to keep looking for the locations suitable for establishing housing projects for the Association members all over the Kingdom. Due to the booming in the real estate industry over the past six years and the increase in the land purchase process at the Association for the purpose of serving the fellow engineers, the Real Estate Department was established in 2002. It aims at providing all the real estate facilitations and services, as well as plots of lands at preferred sites and affordable prices for all, taking into considerations the differences in income within the engineers community.
As a result of the rise in the land prices and the difficulties in procedures and requirements of land parceling and development, it was necessary to start thinking of apartment building projects suitable for all segments of engineers.
Duties and responsibilities undertaken by the Department
- To buy and register plots of lands at preferred sites and suitable for the fellow engineers.
- To offer lands and apartment building projects for sale to the fellow engineers.
- To regulate, plane and parcel the lands of housing projects through invitation for tenders offered to engineering offices and competent survey offices.
- To build the infrastructure of land projects (roads, water, electricity… etc.) through invitation for tenders offered to competent contracting companies.
- To follow up with various and relevant government departments (Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Greater Amman Municipality, Land & Survey Department, Housing Foundation… etc.) in order to carry out the final parceling of the projects and to obtain the registration deeds.
- Executive secretary of the land and housing committees.
- A visual offer of land and housing committees to the Pension Fund Management Committee.
- To distribute to the land projects to fellow engineers by lot.
- To archive and organize the land project information and provide fellow engineers with information about the offered projects and the other projects under planning, organization and implementation.
- External title transfer.
- Internal title transfer.
- Evaluation and assessment of plots of lands.
- Mortgage and redemption.
- To follow up the maintenance and upgrade the Association various buildings.