The Engineering Divisions
The Council Division is considered and regarded as the channel for change and the will of colleagues in the General Authority; the Council Division undertakes outstanding tasks as well as significant and influential responsibilities towards organizing the engineering profession and developing it, following-up the continuous education and training of colleagues, arriving at solutions for many of the different professional and human rights issues between the association’s members and the employers, studying the registration applications for the association membership and activating the specialized committees to develop the practice of the engineering profession.
Pursuant to the Association Law, the Division Council is vested with the following powers:
- The regulation of the profession’s practicing issues relating to the division, the follow-up of the continuous qualification, conducting engineering seminars and setting practice systems projects relating to the division and the follow-up of the projects’ implementation in accordance with the division’s General Authority decisions.
- Considering the association’s membership registration applications in the sections and engineering divisions listed under each division as well as submitting its recommendations and reports regarding these applications to the council.
- The reviewing and studying of all the council’s raised matters and submitting its (the Division Council) recommendations regarding these raised matters to the council.
- The resolution of any professional disputes between the division’s members along with investigating any professional disputes between the division’s members and business owners and submitting a report thereon to the council.
- The formation of specialized committees from the division’s members to assist the Division Council.