In order to achieve the goal ((a residential land for each member colleague)), the process of residential lands purchasing began ever since 1992 with four projects through the investments of the pension fund.
The Association’s Bar Council, and in coordination with the Fund Management Committee and the Committee of Lands, has always been keen to continually search for suitable sites (land sites) that would be fit for the establishment of housing projects for the association’s members in the various governorates of the Kingdom and due to the large boom witnessed by the real-estate market in the past six years as well as the increase in the residential lands purchasing process in the association to serve the member colleagues, the Real-Estate Department has been established in 2002 to provide all facilities and real- estate services and to locate the right pieces of residential lands in distinct sites and at affordable prices, taking into account the various segments of income in the engineers society.
As a result of the soaring prices of residential lands and the difficulty of the procedures and requirements of the development and division of large residential lands, an idea started to set up residential apartments’ projects that fit all segments of engineers, where it is expected that the year 2011 will witness the initiation of the first of these projects, if Allah wills.
- The Real-Estate Department consists of three sections:-
- Projects Section
- Real-Estate and Real-Estate Information Section
- Records and Regulation Section
Tasks and responsibilities carried out by the department: -
- The purchasing and registration of lands in distinctive locations suitable for member colleagues.
- Putting forward lands and housing apartments' projects for sale to member colleagues.
- The organization, planning and allocation of housing lands projects through various tenders for the specialized engineering and surveying offices.
- The implementation of the infrastructure for the lands projects (roads, water, electricity…… etc.) through tenders for the specialized construction companies.
- The follow-up of the various and concerned governmental departments (Ministry of Municipalities, Greater Amman Municipality, Department of Lands, Housing corporation ..... etc.) to complete the final allocation of projects and the issuance of registration bonds.
- The Executive secretary for committees of lands and housing.
- Visual presentation of the minutes of meetings of the lands and housing committees to the Pension Fund Management Committee.
- Distribution and allocation of lands projects on the colleagues by means of polling.
- Archiving and organizing the information regarding the lands projects and providing the member colleagues with information about the proposed projects and projects under planning, organization and implementation.
- External waivers.
- Internal waivers.
- Appraisal and evaluation of lands pieces.
- Mortgaging and redemption.
- The follow-up of the maintenance and updating services of the different premises of the association.