Important Rules and Decisions
The Association’s Admission Department manages all the tasks that intend to facilitate all the association's registration procedures of new engineers, where Article (9 / A) of the Act JEA No. ( 15 ) of 1972 and all enacted legislations amending it specified that " an engineer is someone who has acquired an undergraduate degree in engineering ( a Bachelor degree or an equivalent degree) as a result of the regular attendance and study of engineering from a university or college or a recognized engineering institute and has enlisted his / her name in the association’s records as being an engineer ; the duration of schooling study for the engineer or the applied engineer at the recognized university , college or institute should not be less than four regular schooling years, or an equivalent system of credit hours and after obtaining the Jordanian public high school diploma ,scientific branch, or an equivalent; the following individuals are excluded from the condition of obtaining the scientific branch for this:
1. "All those who attended university, college or an engineering institute before the provisions of (Law No. 14 of 1986) were enacted and entered into force."
2. "All those who earned a high school diploma (the industrial branch)."
3. "All those who have obtained a ( PhD) in engineering enlisted under any division without obtaining the first (BSc) certificate from one of major sections of engineering defined under each division , provided that the duration the higher schooling study of engineering is not less than three regular years or an equivalent of the credit hour system of the bachelor's degree in a university or college or a recognized institute; the member may not be able to practice the profession , except in the field of the section registered in the association.
4. "All those who have enlisted and registered their names as engineers or as applied engineers in the association’s records under the provisions of this law" are considered members of the association and are accordingly given permission to practice the profession."
In relation to these articles, it is taken for granted that no one is granted approval for practicing engineering in the kingdom except only after he / she completes the registration procedures in the association.
- Graduates of general secondary (IT branch):
- Law No. 2 of 2007 (Law Amending the Jordan Engineers Association Law) was issued.
Article 1: This law is called (Law Amending the Jordan Engineers Association Law for the year 2007) and shall be read with law no. 15 of 1972 hereinafter referred to as the original law and all amendments thereto, as one law, and shall be effective from its date of publication in the Official Gazette.
Article 2: Paragraph (c) of article (9) of the original law shall be amended by adding items (3) and (4) to it with the following text:
1. Each one who has obtained the public high school diploma / IT of scientific branch and achieved the required passing mark in both mathematics and physics in the Jordanian general secondary scientific curriculum.
2. The provisions of item (3) of this paragraph shall be applied to each one joining the Faculty of Engineering at the Jordanian universities from those who received the public high school diploma / IT branch for the two academic years (2005-2006) and (2006-2007) and achieved in the first and second two university academic years the required passing mark in mathematics, physics and chemistry of all basic and remedial levels.
* Decisions of the council regarding the British universities (three- years system):
* A decision was issued on 26/3/2008, which states as follows:
The British universities graduates (three- years system bachelor) are allowed to register in the association provided that they shall achieve one of the two following conditions with the availability of the rest other legal requirements:
First: Obtaining the masters degree in engineering in his/her same field of specialization from a university recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, whether the study was of years system or credit hours systems and to achieve at least (30) accredited additional hours or what is equivalent to it, provided that the study period shall not be less than one academic year.
Second: Studying (30) engineering hours accredited in his/her field of specialization in a university recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, where a student chooses these courses before initiating his study and presenting it to the council of the specialized division in order to obtain the approval provided that the applicant student has not previously studied these materials within his/her field of specialization (not included in the courses transcript issued by the university from which he graduated).
* Decision issued on 6/4/2009 which states the follows:
Subsequent to the council decision no. 1876 on 26/3/2008, the council has decided the following:
1. Accepting the membership of British universities graduates who studied a foundation year at a recognized university in addition to three years at the university from which he/she graduated without the requirement that the foundation year shall be attained from the same university.
2. Accepting the membership of British universities graduates of the three-year system who obtained a masters degree in engineering without the requirement that the masters degree shall be in the same specialization during the undergraduate studying period.
* Decision issued on 15/4/2009 which states the following:
The council has decided to modify the previous drafting to be as follows:
1. Provided that the certificate of the foundation year shall be an actual academic year studying certificate and to be signed and certified at the same date, and to be prior to studying the period of (3) years and not a supplementary document to be provided after graduation for the purposes of registration in the association (provided that the studying shall be proved with condition of residence in the country of study and through official means.
2. The Masters Degree in engineering shall be in conformity with the specialization.
The council decision no. 2551 on 16/9/2012:
The Disapproval of accepting the registration of architecture engineering graduates of the three-year study system as a commitment to the enacted law of Jordan Engineers Association Article (9/c), which requires that the duration of the study shall not be less than four years.